Urban Fridays are five meetings within Urban Circuit 2020 with intent of promote tools, methods and projects executed by UN-Habitat offices in Brazil and Portuguese-speaking African countries. The meeting will touch many subjects, as such: Data mapping and creation, urban resilience, urbanization financing and policies, spatial development framework and development planning to 2030.
The fourth meeting named “Urban Fridays: Promoting territorial zoning and balanced urbanization through Spatial Development Framework” includes:
(i) Spatial Development Framework (QDE). A tool created to support the decision making process of national, regional and local government, creating a spatial perspective of the territorial and socioeconomic conditions and defining the vision and strategy to maximize the benefits of investments and point out a more efficient planning for its implementation. The tool use Matrix of Functions (MoF) to supply evidence with a simple, fast and interactive data mining methodology, as well to understand the regional structure, territorial dynamics and roles that the settlements assume in this structure.
- Paola Vasconcelos: Moderator
- Montse Gibert: Opening and presentation on Spatial Development Framework (SDF) (15 min)
- Short insights from participants about the SDF (10 min)
- Dinis Dinis: Challenges and experiences in the Mozambique context (10 min)
- Edinilson da Silva: Challenges and experiences in the Guinea-Bissau context (10 min)
- Francisca Santos: Spatial challenges within the Cape Verde context (10 min)
- Room for exchange of experience from the methodology's beneficiaries (10 min)
- Questions and debate (10 min) - Closing (5 min)
For full list of speakers check: www.circuitourbano.org